When it comes to the average cost of a bathroom remodelling project, it varies from homeowner to homeowner. Costs are higher in areas that have a higher demand for remodelling services. They also vary depending on the scope of the project and the number of hours needed to complete the work.
If you want to save time on your project, consider hiring a contractor instead of attempting the job yourself. Here are some tips for getting an excellent shower renovation for your bathroom.
- To start your project, take inventory of the space. Do you have a cramped bathroom? If so, consider a 2-piece tub/shower combo instead. These are often less expensive to install. They also require removing the existing shower pan, drain, and vent stack. However, this option is not always feasible in small spaces. This type of project is expected in tract housing, rental properties, and townhomes. You’ll need to carefully plan your project, so you don’t disrupt the plumbing and electrical systems.
- Changing the size of the shower can be costly. A standard 6-foot porcelain steel tub costs from $475 to $870. Freestanding tubs and massaging jet tubs are more expensive, and larger luxury tubs can run upward of $1,400. Whether you opt for a large tub or a smaller one, it will be an attractive addition to your bathroom and can improve the resale value of your home. The final result will be an improved bathroom you can be proud of.
- Another thing to consider when renovating a shower is its lighting. Your current lighting probably came with your home when you bought it, and while it’s functional, it won’t look perfect in your bathroom mirror. Adding lots of light is the most useful change you can make in a bathroom. You don’t have to spend much on it; you can buy high-quality fixtures for a fraction of the cost.
- You can also consider installing a bathtub instead of a shower. A bathtub is often cheaper to install than a shower and requires less waterproofing. Depending on your bathtub type, you can find RedGard at a home improvement store. And a bathtub is a much better option than a shower for families with young children.
- When renovating a bathroom, you should always list what you want and how much you want to spend. Then, discuss your list with a shower renovations Brisbane contractor. The cost of demolition varies and the amount of waste produced will increase accordingly. When planning your bathroom remodelling project, you should consider demolition as part of your budget. After all, the contractor will tear out the old structure in the bathroom and dispose of the debris.
A shower renovation can be a rewarding and fun experience if you prepare well and educate yourself. If you know what you’re looking for, your budget, and your intention, the remodelling process will be relatively stress-free, and you’ll love the result.
So don’t wait any longer! Get started today. There are many ways to improve your shower. A few easy tips are listed above. A well-planned shower renovation will transform your bathroom into a place you can relax and de-stress in.